Award: General Retail Award – Casual Level 1
Location: Albury and Wodonga
Hours of work: Flexible 20 – 25 hours per week including some
Reports to: Opportunity Shop Manager
Term of employment: Casual contract
Applications: Please email any queries to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 24th January 2022
Our Vision is your community free of suicide.
Our Purpose is to provide support for individuals in times of crisis and to create a suicide safe community though building regional resilience.
Implementing the purpose of Lifeline Albury Wodonga as it conducts its operations is guided by the following values:
Compassion Accepting of others, being non-judgmental, caring and demonstrating tolerance.
Confidentiality Keeping one’s counsel, not compromising others.
Consistency Responsible and accountable at all times. One message to all. No
Excellence Committed to being and doing the best we can.
Respect Allowing people an opinion, admitting and accepting different points of
Truth and Openness Professional in our practice.
Lifeline Albury Wodonga (LLAW) is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a local voluntary board of Directors operating under the company name ERAC Australia.
Lifeline Albury Wodonga is predominately a volunteer organisation. The essential service 13 11 14 Crisis
Support – is provided by volunteers, and their work is financially supported in a significant way by a team of volunteers at our warehouse and shops located in Albury and Wodonga.
Lifeline Albury Wodonga Staff provide a professional foundation for this essential service to operate, be guided and supported, and flourish. It is essential that all staff are engaged in developing and fostering positive and supportive relationships with all volunteers. This is seen as an essential part of each staff members’ position description.
You will report to the Opportunity Shop Manager as you support retail operations in our two Op Shops.
Your role will involve assisting in the management of daily activities throughout retail and warehousing.
There will be a strong focus on WHS and organisational compliance, while you develop and foster positive and supportive relationships with all volunteers.
You will liaise and communicate internally with Lifeline volunteers, staff, and management; and externally with customers and service providers to build and maintain successful, sustainable and efficient business operations.
You will be:
• Approachable, encouraging, and friendly
• Non-judgmental towards others in need
• Have a positive and proactive attitude
• Possess excellent listening and communication skills
• Honest and reliable
Responsibilities & Duties
• Maintain our Centre culture of respect and appreciation for the contribution of volunteers.
• Contribute to the training of retail volunteers.
• Regular attendance of retail team meetings.
• Support the implementation of retail and warehousing processes.
• Ensure compliance with all WHS requirements and LLAW Policies and Procedures.
• Opening and closing shop procedures.
• Providing high level customer service.
• Ensure shop stock is constantly refreshed and of high quality, which includes the supervision of appropriate sorting and grading of donated stock.
• Ensuring the shops are well presented by implementing effective merchandising practices.
• Ensuring consistent pricing processes and accurate processing of sales.
• Reporting of daily register closure summaries.
• Duties will be undertaken at both Albury and Wodonga shop locations and may include other responsibilities as directed by the manager.
Key Selection Criteria
• Previous experience in retail.
• Well developed interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work autonomously and prioritise responsibilities.
• Understanding the importance of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
• Basic computer skills.
• Have access to own vehicle and current driver’s license.
• Willingness to undergo biannual police check.
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Respond to Key Selection Criteria
Att: CEO Lifeline Albury Wodonga
Post: PO Box 16, Albury, NSW, 2640