Award: General Retail Award – Generous above award wages and salary
Location: Albury and Wodonga
Hours of work: 4 days per week. Occasional Saturday morning work to be
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Roles Reporting to this position: Casual Retail Assistant and team of retail volunteers
Term of employment: Renewable 3-year contract with trial period
Applications: Please email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 24th January 2022
Our Vision is your community free of suicide.
Our Purpose is to provide support for individuals in times of crisis and to create a suicide safe community
though building regional resilience.
Implementing the purpose of Lifeline Albury Wodonga as it conducts its operations is guided by the
Compassion Accepting of others, being non-judgmental, caring and demonstrating tolerance.
Confidentiality Keeping one’s counsel, not compromising others.
Consistency Responsible and accountable at all times. One message to all. No
Excellence Committed to being and doing the best we can.
Respect Allowing people an opinion, admitting and accepting different points
Truth and Openness Professional in our practice.
Lifeline Albury Wodonga (LLAW) is a not-for-profit organisation governed by a local voluntary board of Directors operating under the company name ERAC Australia.
Lifeline Albury Wodonga is predominately a volunteer organisation. The essential service 13 11 14 Crisis
Support – is provided by volunteers, and their work is financially supported in a significant way by a team of volunteers at our warehouse and shops located in Albury and Wodonga.
Lifeline Albury Wodonga Staff provide a professional foundation for this essential service to operate, be guided and supported, and flourish. It is essential that all staff are engaged in developing and fostering positive and supportive relationships with all volunteers. This is seen as an essential part of each staff members’ position description.
You will report to the Chief Executive Officer of Lifeline Albury Wodonga (LLAW) as you manage and grow a volunteer base of around 50 volunteers across the business operations of the organisation.
Your role will involve managing the operations throughout retail and warehousing, as well as maintaining records.
Your office will be based in the Albury Op shop with regular travel to the Wodonga Op shop required. There will be a strong focus on WHS and organisational compliance while you develop and foster positive and supportive
relationships with all volunteers.
You will liaise and communicate internally with Lifeline volunteers, staff, and management; and externally with customers and service providers to build and maintain successful, sustainable, and efficient business operations.
You will be:
• Approachable, encouraging, and friendl
• Non-judgmental towards others in need
• Have a positive and proactive attitude
• Possess excellent listening and communication skills
• Honest and reliable
Responsibilities & Duties
• Maintain our centre culture of respect and appreciation for the contribution of volunteers.
• Management and retention of retail volunteer team.
• Contribute to the recruitment, training, and development of retail volunteers.
• Support communications through regular attendance of staff meetings and facilitation of retail team
• Manage all aspects of the retail and warehouse operations including rostering and banking
• Mange the Retail Assistant.
• Support the development and implementation of retail and warehousing processes.
• Ensure compliance with all WHS requirements and LLAW Policies and Procedures.
Key Selection Criteria
• Previous experience in retail.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including conflict resolution.
• Ability to work autonomously and prioritise responsibilities.
• Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
• Basic computer skills.
• Have access to own vehicle and current driver’s license.
• Willingness to undergo biannual police check.
• Previous experience in coordinating volunteers.
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Respond to Key Selection Criteria
Att: CEO Lifeline Albury Wodonga
Post: PO Box 16, Albury, NSW, 2640