- – Are you looking for some flexible days including start and finish times?
- – Want to be a part of an organisation that makes a positive difference?
- – Do you have a passion for customer service and see value in sustainable eco-friendly shopping?
- Lifeline Albury Wodonga is seeking a casual Retail Assistant to join our team.
Lifeline shops are a recognised and much-loved part of the Albury Wodonga retail landscape, providing a unique shopping experience, whilst also often acting as a point of contact for people needing assistance, thereby playing a central role in supporting the community.
You will report directly to the Retail Manager and assist the daily retail operations of the Albury and Wodonga Shops.
You will have flexibility in both working hours and days, including availability to take on additional hours if required to cover demand or leave.
The Retail Assistant role requires flexibility to shift between daily tasks based on the organisations need.
Other operational tasks include daily opening and closing, ensuring stock is constantly refreshed and high quality, sorting, cleaning, and grading donated stock.
You will foster positive and supportive relationships, creating a fun and inclusive environment where our Centre culture of respect and appreciation for our volunteers is maintained.
To be successful in this position you will have
- – Ability to work flexible days and hours – including Saturdays.
- – Previous experience working in a retail outlet
- – Demonstrated experience in customer service
- – Experience in merchandising and store presentation
- – Be able to work independently as well as within a team
- – Ability to work autonomously and prioritise responsibilities
- – Have a positive can-do attitude
- – Cultural sensitivity and diversity awareness
- – An understanding of working with volunteers
- – Basic computer skills
- – Understanding the importance of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
This role is based on 20-25 hours per week, Monday to Friday including Saturdays.
Flexibility in working hours, particularly start and finish times and days of work is essential.
Shop hours are currently 9.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday in the Albury shop and 9.30am to 2.30pm Tuesday to Friday in the Wodonga shop.
We have plans to extend hours and open on Saturdays.
A little bit about us
Lifeline Albury Wodonga (LLAW) is a not-for-profit organisation with a purpose to provide support for individuals in time of crisis, and to create a suicide safe community through building regional resilience.
Lifeline is a predominately volunteer organisation. Lifeline’s 13 11 14 Crisis Support service is provided by volunteers in our Albury Centre, and their work is financially supported in a significant way by revenue generated from our shops in Albury and Wodonga, which are also staffed largely by volunteers.
So, when people make donations and purchases in our shops, the money stays here in our community, directly supporting our local centre.
To apply for this position, applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter outlining their ability to meet the position requirements.
For questions or to find out more contact Stacy Read on 0432 533 554 or email@example.com
Applications Close Sunday 21 August 2022
Please download the Position Description below for more information.