Become a Volunteer Crisis Supporter
Volunteering as a Crisis Supporter can be challenging but extremely rewarding. Working on the front line of suicide prevention, you could make a significant difference to people experiencing personal crisis.
Phase 1 – Initial Training (e-learning and face-to-face)
Phase 2 – Student Placement
Phase 3 – Internship Stage 1 + Stage 2
Our training course for Telephone Crisis Supporters is commencing in March. The majority of course modules are held on a Saturday morning from 9am – 1pm, some full day session and weeknight sessions. Please review the documents below and attend the information session before applying.
The course fee is $250.00 (GST free). This subsidised fee covers all training materials. Please note: included in the course fee is a $25.00 non-refundable administration fee.
Course fees can be paid via cheque or bank transfer, and are required to be paid either in full before the commencement of training or via an instalment plan.
Lifeline Crisis Supporter Training
Commencing August 2020
Information Sessions Wednesday 1 July 6pm – 7pm and Saturday 4 July 11am – 12pm
Register your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 60 211 077
Applications open 1 May 2020 and close Tuesday 14 July 2020.
Applicants need to check that they are available for all dates and times below.
Attendance is compulsory for all training dates and times listed.
- Saturday 8th August, 9am – 1pm, Foundational Knowledge
- Saturday 15th August, 9am – 1pm, Micro Skills & Self-Awareness
- Saturday 22nd, August 9am – 1pm, Micro Skills & Supervision
- Saturday 29th August 9am – 4pm, Lifeline Practice Framework
- Wednesday 2nd September 6pm – 9pm, Practice Clinic
- Saturday 5th September 9am – 4pm, Introduction to Suicide
- Saturday 12th September 9am – 1pm, Suicide Crisis Support
- Saturday 19th September 9am – 1pm, Safety Issues
- Saturday 26th September 9am – 1pm, Understanding Differences
- Saturday, 9th October 9am – 1pm Putting it all together
- Wednesday, 7th October 6pm – 9pm Practice Clinic 2
- Saturday, 10th October 9am – 5pm, Assessment Clinic
Download full printable calendar HERE.
For information: Call (02) 60 211 077 or email email@example.com
Applications are open for our August intake
Training to become a volunteer Crisis Supporter is a rewarding experience and provides benefits including:
- Personal and professional growth and development
- Enhanced self-awareness.
- Giving back to the community.
- Learn new skills in a supportive environment
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Belong to the Lifeline community
- Receive ongoing training and professional development
- Have an impact nationally on crisis support and suicide intervention.
Who can volunteer?
Lifeline is looking for people with:
- The ability to express empathy and respect for others and
- a strong sense of self and self-awareness
- The capacity to understand and help others
- The willingness to learn
- An openness to diversity
Acknowledgement – The training of new crisis supporters is proudly sponsored by the employees of Zauner Construction.
What others have said
“volunteering is so rewarding particularly when you’ve helped someone to stay safe”
Crisis Support Volunteer
“Participating in the CSWT course has been invaluable. I have learnt and reflected a lot on my mode of communication with others and greatly benefited from interacting with such a diverse group of inspirational people”
Crisis Support Workplace training participant
“It’s enhanced my personal growth and I have developed skills which I apply to my own life”
“It’s improved my confidence, self-esteem and my self-awareness”
“I feel good by making a contribution to the community”